The CFSHRC is excited to collaborate with other groups, including academic affiliates and non-profit organizations. Requests for collaboration can be made by filling out a brief “Request Form” and sending it via e-mail to the Coalition Executive Board President, Tarez Graban (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Vice-President, Wendy Sharer (email@example.com). Ideally, requests for collaboration would be made at least 3 months in advance of a need or an event.
The CFSHRC is also excited to support approved informal meetups by Coalition members at conferences or workshops where we are not convening in any given year, and the following guidelines are in place to enable such efforts. Specifically, we encourage any Coalition member who is interested in planning and hosting a meetup at a wide range of national conferences in order to:
- create more opportunities for Coalition collaborations and networking;
- introduce new people to the work of the Coalition;
- foster and recognize graduate-student spaces and/or emerging scholar meetups;
- promote Coalition discussion, membership, and/or activity;
- provide an alternative event space for Coalition members who may not attend the CCCC or Feminisms and Rhetorics conferences.
Potential meetup hosts can fill out the brief “Request Form” and send via e-mail to the Coalition Executive Board President, Tarez Graban (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Vice-President, Wendy Sharer (email@example.com).
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS FOR MEETUPS
Hosts may request up to $200 for reimbursement of an approved meet-up and are encouraged to seek approval in advance to receive the reimbursement funding.**
Application Timeline for Approved Financial Support / Reimbursement
If you are a potential host seeking financial support for a meetup, please contact the CFSHRC Executive Board in a timely manner, based on the nature and scope of your proposed event:
- For informal receptions or larger events (roughly >20 people), contact the Coalition with request for support at least 3 months prior to the event.
- For smaller meetings (roughly 10-20 people), contact the Coalition with request for support at least 2 months prior to the event.
- For more spontaneous meetups that do not required advanced planning (<10 people), contact the Coalition within 2 weeks after the event, providing numbers of people in attendance and submitting actual receipts.**
**Please note that, although we will make our very best effort, in a given year we may not be able to approve or fund all meetup requests. Priority is given to Coalition meetups that are hosted during national conferences and workshops where we do not already have a presence, though all requests will be happily considered. Priority is also given to meetups that are promoted through the Coalition’s social media presence and inclusive of the wider Coalition membership.
All approved meetup hosts should submit the following materials to the Coalition Executive Board President, Tarez Graban (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Vice-President, Wendy Sharer (email@example.com) no more than 2 weeks after the event:
- Actual attendance or headcount
- Photos (We would love to share any pictures to highlight your meetup if you took pictures and are willing to share them.)
- Brief (200-500 word) description of the event and how it went
Because hosts and meetup participants are considered as individuals acting on their own, it is understood that the CFSHRC is not responsible for damage, illness, or injuries that occur as a direct result of activities undertaken during the event.)