Coalition scholars had even made up a secret code name . . . a name admired around the world: KEWOAA, the Outstanding Feminist Scholar!*
Every other year, the CWSHRC invites nominations for the Kathleen Ethel Welch Outstanding Article Award (KEWOAA), and the time has come. From now through January 1st, 2005, we are accepting nominations for the journal article or book chapter that demonstrates outstanding scholarship in the areas of feminist pedagogy, practice, history, and/or theory within the field of composition and rhetoric.
What works are eligible? Articles and book chapters published in the last two years (2013-2014) and composed by current CWSHRC members, whether individually or collaboratively authored. In addition works should:
- be broadly situated within and relevant to feminist research in rhetoric and composition;
- address a research problem clearly couched within existing scholarship of the field;
- demonstrate a fair and balanced research agenda in the form of feminist inquiry (i.e., archival, historical, classroom-based, community based, empirical, or theoretical);
- fill a clear and compelling need;
- provide a framework that can be advanced by other researchers;
- make a substantial contribution to the field.
Nominations must be received by January 1, 2015. All must include a brief nominating statement. Electronic nominations should also include a complete, unannotated PDF copy of the nominated work. Hardcopy nominations should include three complete, unannotated photocopies of the nominated work.
Please send submissions to :
Elizabeth Tasker Davis, Past President and Chair of the Awards Committee
Department of English
Stephen F. Austin State University
PO Box 13007, SFA Station
Nacogdoches, TX 75962-3007
taskerea at sfasu dot edu
*The original passage reads, "Evelyn had even made up a secret code name for herself . . . a name feared around the world: TOWANDA, THE AVENGER!" Fannie Flagg, Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle-Stop Cafe