The purpose of the Shirley Wilson Logan Diversity Scholarship award is to encourage feminist scholarship (particularly historical in nature) by graduate scholars from diverse and historically un or underrepresented groups. The award will be given to first-time presenters at the Feminisms and Rhetorics conference. The award includes both a monetary award ($500 each for up to 6 awardees) and participation in a specially designated session at the Feminisms and Rhetorics conference. Applicants should have an already-accepted presentation for the conference.
The goal of the award is diversity and inclusion of underrepresented scholars vs. topics (as long as the work itself falls within the broader category of feminist rhetorical studies). Please keep this in mind as you submit your materials. As an organization, we are defining un/underrepresented groups as:
- Scholars of diverse racial/ethnic backgrounds
- International scholars
- Scholars who identify as LGBTQIA
- Scholars with disabilities
- Graduate scholars who were first-generation undergraduates
Scholars must meet the following requirements:
- Be a first-time presenter at the Feminisms and Rhetorics conference
- Have an already accepted presentation for the conference
- Have firm plans to attend the conference (scholars who do not attend will forfeit the financial compensation for the award)
- Submit the attached application and a current cv.
Application and Contact
Coming Soon ... first awards will be given in 2021!