The Coalition of Feminist Scholars in the History of Rhetoric and Composition offers a biennial research grant of up to $700 for researchers to pursue or continue feminist projects that require funding to conduct such activities. These include but should not be limited to archival research, translation, interview transcription, and digital archivization and/or digital project development.
2018—Christine Garcia, PhD (Eastern Connecticut State University),
Krystin Gollihue (NC State University), and
Nancy Henaku (Michigan Technological University)
- Applicants must show evidence of a solid project/proposed project that relates to the mission of the Coalition (see below) and necessitates this additional research support activity.
- Preference will be given to scholars with no other documented source of funding
- Applicants may be at any stage of a research project that necessitates the supporting activity the grant would propose.
- Applicants must be members of the Coalition of Feminist Scholars in the History of Rhetoric and Composition.
How to Apply
Applicants should complete an application and a letter of interest, and should request the submission of two confidential letters of recommendation. Applications must be submitted by December 15, 2019. All application materials should be submitted to Lisa Mastrangelo, Immediate Past President (email@example.com). Questions should be directed to this address as well.
Download full application with this online application form
Application and Letter of Interest Form
Coalition of Feminist Scholars in the History of Rhetoric and Composition
RESEARCH GRANT APPLICATION
Name: _____________________________ Phone: ______________________
Permanent Address: _________________________________________________________
Institutional Affiliation: _______________________________________________________
Major Areas of Interest: _______________________________________________________
Check all that apply: Faculty Member_____Graduate Student: _____ Independent Scholar: _____
Please attach a letter of interest as well as requesting two confidential recommendations emailed directly to: Lisa Mastrangelo, Immediate Past President (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Name, position, department, phone number, and email of recommender #1:
Name, position, department, phone number, and email of recommender #2:
Letter of interest: Please attach a letter of interest addressing the following:
- Explain your proposed research project, including a timeline and your current progress on the project (Note: all projects will be considered, regardless of their current stage)
- Identify your primary objective for undertaking this research. Include, for example, the particular holdings where you intend to conduct research, or, for instance, the specific kinds of digital support necessary to complete the project, or the specific resources necessary for translation.
- Articulate the specific goals of the overall project and the specific funded experiences as well as the outcomes you hope to achieve.
- Discuss how your research relates to the mission of the Coalition of Feminist Scholars in the History of Rhetoric and Composition.
- Detail the other funding sources available to you to pursue your current project.
- Include a proposed budget.
Applications should be submitted to Lisa Mastrangelo (email@example.com) by December 15, 2019