The Coalition gives out four awards, which were created to honor the scholars after who they were named. These women have have had immeasurable impact on the Coalition and the field of feminist research.
- The Kathleen Ethel Welch Outstanding Article Award (given in odd years) and
- The Winifred Bryan Horner Outstanding Book Award (given in even years) are both presented for work in the field of composition and rhetoric to recognize outstanding scholarship and research in the areas of feminist pedagogy, practice, history, and theory.
- The Nan Johnson Outstanding Graduate Student Award is presented biennially in odd years to a graduate student working in the field of composition and rhetoric to recognize outstanding scholarship and research in the areas of feminist pedagogy, practice, history, and theory.
- The Lisa Ede Mentoring Award is presented biennially in odd years to an individual or group with a career-record of mentorship, including formal and informal advising of students and colleagues; leadership in campus, professional, and/or local communities; and other activities that align with the overall mission and goals of the Coalition.
In addition, the Coalition has recently instantiated a dissertation award, made possible through the generosity of a founding member and donor.
- The Presidents Dissertation Award is presented biennially at Feminisms and Rhetorics. (Further details will be available soon.)
These awards are made possible by continuing donations. To support these or create a new award, please visit our Donate page.