The Coalition confers four awards that were created to honor the scholars after whom they were named. These women have had immeasurable impact on the Coalition and the field of feminist research:
- The Kathleen Ethel Welch Outstanding Article Award (presented in odd years) and
- The Winifred Bryan Horner Outstanding Book Award (presented in even years) both recognize outstanding scholarship and research in rhetoric and composition in the areas of feminist pedagogy, practice, history, and theory.
- The Nan Johnson Outstanding Graduate Student Travel Award is presented biennially in odd years to enable conference travel for a graduate student working in the field of rhetoric and composition. It recognizes the presentation of outstanding scholarship and research in the areas of feminist pedagogy, practice, history, and theory at Feminisms and Rhetorics.
- The Lisa Ede Mentoring Award is presented biennially in odd years to an individual or group with a career-record of mentorship, including formal and informal advising of students and colleagues; leadership in campus, professional, and/or local communities; and other activities that align with the overall mission and goals of the Coalition.
In addition, the Coalition has instantiated a dissertation award and a feminist research grant, each made possible through the generosity of founding members and donors:
- The Presidents Dissertation Award is an annual award but is presented biennially in odd years at the Feminisms and Rhetorics conference.
- The Nancy A. Myers Feminist Research Grant is a biennial research grant of up to $700 for researchers to pursue or continue feminist projects that require funding to conduct such activities. It is presented in even years at the Conference on College Composition and Communication.
These awards are made possible by continuing donations. To support these or create a new award, please visit our Donate page.